Thursday, January 24, 2013

Best Quotations for St Valentine



Sometimes we make love with our eyes.
Sometimes we make love with our hands.
Sometimes we make love with our bodies.
Always we make love with our hearts.
Author Unknown

Love is the flower you've got to let grow.
John Lennon

Love is the greatest refreshment in life.
Pablo Picasso

Love comforteth like sunshine after rain.
William Shakespeare

A bell is no bell 'til you ring it,
A song is no song 'til you sing it,
And love in your heart
Wasn’t put there to stay -
Love isn’t love
'Til you give it away.
Oscar Hammerstein
The Sound of Music.

A kiss makes the heart young again and wipes out the years.
Rupert Brooke

Oh, if it be to choose and call thee mine, love, thou art every day my Valentine!
Thomas Hood

Brief is life but love is long.
Alfred Lord Tennyson

Come live with me, and be my love,
And we will some new pleasures prove
Of golden sands, and crystal brooks,
With silken lines, and silver hooks.
John Donne

Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.
Aristotle

Love is the only gold.
Alfred Lord Tennyson

All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt!
Lucy Van Pelt
In Peanuts, by Charles M. Schulz.

All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love.
Leo Tolstoy

I will find out where she has gone,
And kiss her lips and take her hands.
And pluck till time and times are done
The silver apples of the moon,
The golden apples of the sun.
William Butler Yeats

Who, being loved, is poor?
Oscar Wilde

I claim there ain't
Another Saint
As great as Valentine.
Ogden Nash

Do I love you because you're beautiful, or are you beautiful because I love you?
Oscar Hammerstein II
Prince to Cinderella.

I love thee to the depth and breadth and height my soul can reach.
Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Love seems the swiftest, but it is the slowest of all growths, No man or woman really knows what perfect love is until they have been married a qaurter of a century.
Mark Twain

Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half-light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet.
William Butler Yeats

Grow old along with me, the best is yet to be.
Robert Browning

Soul meets soul on lovers' lips.
Percy Bysshe Shelley

No comments:

Post a Comment